We will provide technical assistance to government, businesses and local organizations; administer state and federal programs, and coordinate multi-jurisdictional activities to maintain or enhance the quality of life in the Cities
in Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville Counties.
The MMDC can do the following for your community...
- Create Comprehensive Land Use Plans
- Develop Strategic Planning
- facilitate your planning sessions
- assist with setting goals and policies
- help identify strategies
- Prepare Grant and Loan Applications
- Serve as your Fiscal Agent
- Develop Zoning & Subdivision Ordinances
- Codify Ordinances
- Design and Implement Survey
- Assist with Park Applications and Designs
- Identify Sources of Financial Assistance
- Provide Statistical Information
- Design Regional Studies and Plans
- Coordinate Inter jurisdictional Activities
- Coordinate Special Projects
- Develop Special Studies
- Assist with Public Facilities Needs
- Create a GIS Database
- Prepare Financial Packaging for Grants and Loans
- Assist with Loan Applications
- Identify Sources of Assistance
- Develop Strategic Planning
- Design Economic Development Plans
- Develop Business Plans
- MMDC Revolving loan fund
|Calendar of Events
Nov 1 to Nov 30 - 30 day Public Comment Period - Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Draft (details below) PRESS RELEASE
Dec 5 - Proposal Deadline - Do you have a great arts and culture story to share with other rural community leaders? Submit your proposal for a workshop, panel, or arts activity! Details: Rural Arts & Culture Summit. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org (June 6-8, 2017 Rural Arts & Culture Summit - SAVE THE DATE)
Dec 7 - Personnel Committee meeting - Kandiyohi County Health & Human Services Bldg, Multi-Purpose Room, 2200 23rd Street NE, Willmar 6:30 p.m.
Dec 7 - MMDC Full Board of Commissioners meeting - Kandiyohi County Health & Human Services Bldg, Multi-Purpose Room, 2200 23rd Street NE, Willmar 7:00 p.m.
2017 MMDC Board Schedule
Regional Assessment Survey
MMDC would like to Thank everyone who participated in our survey. The results will be posted here at a later date. Again, Thank you for your feedback.
MMDC Major Activities
30 Day Public Comment Period- November 1, 2016 to
November 30th, 2016
2016-2021 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
The thirty-day comment period for Region 6E (Mid-Minnesota Development Commission) Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) opens on Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 and closes on Wednesday, November 30th, 2016. The draft document can be found here:
5 Year CEDS DRAFT for Public Comment
Comments and questions regarding this plan can be directed to Les Nelson, Economic Development Director by U.S. Mail or by Phone (320) 235-8504 x 241 or e-mail email@example.com.
DevelopMN - providing collective leadership for rural Minnesota
(Economic Development page)
2015 ANNUAL REPORT
News from the Blandin on Broadband Blog