Active Living Transportation incorporates physical activity into daily routines.
Walking or biking to work or school is an example of Active Living Transportation. The MMDC can help your community promote active living by:
- Updating municipal plans to incorporate sidewalks and crosswalks into street development
- Increasing access to connected walking and biking networks
- Connecting and promoting trail systems
- Incorporating street landscaping and signage
- Taking other effective approaches to calm traffic and improve safety along identified routes
In some cases, the MMDC can also help your municipality secure state grant dollars for Active Living Transportation projects! To learn more, please contact the MMDC's transportation-focused community planner, Kyle Ten Napel.