FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Eric Day, Mid-Minnesota Development Commission
Phone: (320) 235-8504
Email: [email protected]
Kandiyohi County Rescue Squad Receives Mid-Minnesota Community Enhancement Grant
Funds Used to Purchase High Pressure Lifting Bags to Aid Rescues
March 2023: Kandiyohi County’s Rescue Squad has received a Mid-Minnesota Community Enhancement Grant from the Mid-Minnesota Development Commission (MMDC). The emergency services provider was granted $2,510 for the purchase of high pressure lifting bags. These bags are inserted into tight spaces and then inflated to lift heavy objects (e.g. motor vehicles, farm equipment, collapsed buildings) or to otherwise expand tight spaces to help free trapped victims.
“The Rescue Squad already has the bags in service and sincerely thanks MMDC for helping us to increase the safety for the community and for our responders”, said Kandiyohi County Rescue Squad Director Stephanie Felt.
Initiated in 2021, the Mid-Minnesota Community Enhancement Grant provides a funding opportunity for 501(c)3 nonprofits, school districts, and local units of government within the MMDC Region (Counties of Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville). Organizations may apply for enhancement grants of up to $3,000 which can be used to:
- Provide health, safety, or wellness-focused training for community members or specific professional or volunteer groups;
- Purchase supplies and/or equipment needed for improved emergency response;
- Purchase items to enhance law enforcement organization’s ability to develop positive relationships with youth, people of color, and other groups;
- Add public amenities that will promote physical and/or mental well-being or increase opportunities for positive community interaction (e.g., recreation equipment, walking path amenities);
- Support workforce training opportunities for youth and other populations.
To date, 16 Mid-Minnesota Community Enhancement Grants have been awarded by MMDC’s Board of Commissioners. To learn more about Mid-Minnesota Development Commission, visit MMRDC.org.